From our first meeting until the job was completed two days ago, the experience has been incredibly positive. Jay and his team are young, very professional and everyone (including their laborers) were nothing short of super to work with. They finished ahead of schedule which is a real accomplishment relative to any construction job. The following are other of our key feelings regarding California Smartscape:
1. Their price was very fair in my opinion and we received excellent value for money.
2. After every workday, the guys would really clean up the job site. The place looked very good at the end of each day considering the extent of the work we had done. Our neighbors were amazed and as impressed as we were.
3. Jay said he would only take a job if he was going to do it right. And….HE DID! He would re-do some things that were minor issues and he ended up doing more than we contracted for to make sure it was “perfect” without “Nickel and Diming” us at every turn.
4. Jay told me on the front end that he would come to the site every day to check on things and to make sure we were happy. He did and his supervision and commitment to making sure the job was done right and that we were happy was beyond excellent.
5. The fire pit started as a very low priority for us, but has become a major focus of our backyard and we are already over the moon regarding our enjoyment of it.
6. The quality of all of the work performed was excellent and beyond all of our expectations.
The bottom line, would we use them again? Obviously, our answer is heck yes! It is so nice in this day and age to meet a team of young professionals who are smart, honest, and just fun to be around!
Folks who know my wife and I, know that we won’t waist time praising people who perform on a sub-par basis. I am writing this positive review for no other reason than Jay and his team deserve every positive word I have written above. One last thing, before I signed a contract with California Smartscape, I called several references that were given to me by Jay. One very nice lady told me that she was so impressed with the job that Jay’s team did for her that if we proceeded with CS and did not like the work they did that she would pay for my job! I thought wow….she is either a very satisfied CS client or she is Jay’s sister! 🙂 Seriously, California Smartscape far exceeded our expectations and I would use them again without hesitation.