Fire Places & Fire Pits
BENEFITS OF FIRE LOUNGESSince the beginning of time, humankind has gravitated towards the warmth of a fire. Friends and family find comfort in the pleasant glow of an open fire. Not to mention, you can roast marshmellows and cook on an open fire. Here are a few reasons you should add a fire pit or fireplace to your outddor living space.
- Fire pits and fireplaces create a cosy atmosphere which cannot be replicated with indoor lighting.
- A fire lounge allows you to extend your party outdoors. More space, more options.
- Fire provides warmth so you can entertain outdoors all year round.
- You can roast marshmallows and smores. Place a grill plate over a fire pit and cook on it.
- Fire pits come in different sizes and shapes so it is easy to find one that suits your needs.
- The addition of a fire lounge area may increase the value of your home because fire places and pits are symbols of luxury living.
FIRE PLACES vs FIRE PITS
Fire places and fire pits offer open fire in a safe and controlled environment. Which is best for you? The answer comes from how you want to use it.
For the most part, you stand or sit around a fire pit. Fire pits are usually placed in the middle of an open area. In contrast, you sit or stand in front of a fireplace. Fireplaces are typically located near an existing wall or along the perimeter of a property.
One of the benefits of a fireplace is that it has a chimney that directs smoke away from people. A fire pit does not have a chimney so the smoke will go where the wind blows. A nice compromise is a chimenea, a smaller, enclosed fire pit with a funnel-like chimney. There are numerous variations upon the theme: fire bowls, fire columns, fire tables, and even a fire/water feature which is a fire pit & water fountain combo.
Fireplaces and fire pits are powered by one of 5 possible ways.
- Gel fuel
- Natural gas
Because you are dealing with fire, it is critical that the fire pit or fireplace is installed safely.