Outdoor Kitchen & BBQ
FOOD BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER
Having family and friends come for dinner is very much the American dream. You can make it so much easier if you have an outdoor kitchen. Outdoor kitchens and barbeques do not need to be expensive. A small grill on wheels is less than $250. On the other hand, if you want to impress, a custom build outdoor kitchen with all the bells and whistles can cost $50,000 or more. Perhaps a more modest approach would be to buy a pre-fabricated outdoor kitchen and have it professionally installed, this would cost anywhere from $2000 to $30,000
Why is there such a huge range in price? Outdoor kitchens have many components and each component can be upgraded. Here are some considerations:
- Size: bigger outdoor kitchens and grills will cost more.
- Materials: countertops made of marble will cost more than those made of tile. Similarly, cabinets made with engineered, high-density polymer will cost more than those made of stainless steel.
- Appliances: A simple barbeque grill with a roll-away table will be cheaper than an outdoor kitchen fitted with a refrigerator, sink, grill, and stovetop burner.
- Flooring: Outdoor kitchens are not set on top of dirt: there is flooring. And, like indoor flooring, there are many choices of materials for your floors. Each type has its virtues (durability, ease of maintenance, style, color, and cost).
- Shade: Be kind to the chef by including a form of patio covering to provide shade. An umbrella is cheaper than a pergola or ramada.
OUTDOOR KITCHEN SHAPES
If you have a small yard, the best choice is a linear kitchen that runs along one wall. It is space-efficient and can have everything you want. However, if you have more space, you can get creative.
- Linear Kitchen: often placed next to a wall, efficient and sufficient.
- Galley Kitchen: composed of two linear kitchens running parallel to one another, more space!
- Island Kitchen: similar to a linear kitchen except there’s room for friends to socialize around the island. Serves as a gathering place for cooking and socializing.
- L-Shaped Kitchen: more space, allows for 2 cooks. Long arm of the L can be used as a sitting area or buffet table.
- U-Shaped Kitchen: plenty of counter space, allows for more appliances, can be used as a bar, or a seating/serving area.
- Custom Kitchen: made-to-order kitchens to suit your needs.
CALIFORNIA SMARTSCAPE, A DESIGN & BUILD COMPANY
It’s important to keep your outdoor kitchen safe. If you are running gas lines, electrical lines, and water pipes, be sure that these are done by a professional. Getting an outdoor kitchen installed correctly so that it can bring you joy for years to come is worth it!
California Smartscape is a design and build company specializing in outdoor kitchens, landscaping & pools. We can make your dream kitchen a reality. Contact us for consultation.